A Link Between Worlds: Hero Mode

I'm not as busy this week as last week but I still have quite a few things to accomplish. This is the last month of the semester and the nightmares from the ages of untold hellish tales have began their quest to haunt me in the hours where I lay down my defenses. So, if you be willing to open thy container of intellect and offer me a few rounds of seconds on the time-teller device then let us talk about the Legend that is Zelda!

The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes was finally released last week. I say that in the kind of tone that is full of expectations mainly because it is a Zelda game. It's like the only few things in this world that can actually draw a smile on my face that could put the Joker to shame. But with all the effort I put into saving the allowance I finally got after paying off the Wii U it turns out, though it can be played alone, the charm of Triforce Heroes lie in multiplayer. 
Let's see we have Natsu, eco friendly Link, and Marth...where's Vio?

To a painfully awkward person such as myself multiplayer is like working on a group project only to be left out in most of the conversation because I have zero, absolutely zero experience in public speaking. You might be thinking now 'what about online play?'. While it is a viable solution to mask myself under the helpful guise of the 0s and 1s of the internet I don't have the luxury of a fast internet connection and consequently my 3DS' hasn't been updated since July. I can't even watch friggin' advertisements in YouTube because of the painfully slow connection.

But enough of the whining let's go back to Zelda.

Once upon a time I made the bold decision to do a Zelda marathon this year thanks mainly to the surge of happiness that I got after I finished The Wind Waker (best Zelda game!!!). Using the best of the capabilities of my brain cells I effortlessly named that marathon, wait for it, Zeldathon. Hooray the yeepeey yeehaw for creativity.

Yep.

It's not going so well. 

Out of the twelve Zelda games I have I've only finished three and I didn't even bother to post anything close to complete about 'em save for The Legend of Zelda. Pure laziness at its very finest. The current post I have been "updating" since February is now like a memento to old assurances of hope and shattered promises.

So anyway, the latest game that I've finished is The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds in Hero Mode. Hero Mode is like the infamous Second Quest in the first Zelda game or the Master Quest in Ocarina of Time. It's difficult.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is the sixth game that I bought for the 3DS and though I've had it for almost two years now I've only played through the game through and through once. So this Hero Mode that I'm talking about now is just my second playthrough and now that I've typed all that in I realize mentioning it is irrelevant.

If there is an onomatopoeia for epic face palm it'd be playing on repeat on my magical overpriced music device by a company named after a delicious fruit.

Though I do consider Hero Mode in A Link Between Worlds to be fairly difficult, compared to the other Zelda titles with such second quests it's safe to say that ALBW's is still easy. The only difference it has, at least from what I observed, from the normal adventure mode is that Link takes twice as much damage from enemies and...that's it I think?
ALBW is already an easy Zelda game, if not the easiest, but its emphasis on free exploration, characters, story and puzzle solving is what makes the game so charming. I do, however, like my Zelda games difficult.

Having said that, I embarrassingly died 39 times in Hero Mode.
Good goddesses those fairies. But thanks to the increased difficulty (if you can call it that) I managed to find it in myself to gather everything there is to collect in the game...a little. Ok I missed four heart pieces (or probably a heart container) somewhere, and a bottle or two. But I managed to get all Master Ores, find all Maiamais and upgrade my gear to their Nice version as well as upgrade the Spin Attack to the Great Spin Attack...yeah, it was all good.

I suppose the biggest highlight I have throughout the playthrough was the final boss fight with Ganon. While I died many times on the first few bosses, with three fairies and one invincibility potion I managed to slay Ganon with only one friggin heart remaining. Pure epic badassery, and all Link could say was Hyah! I don't have pictures to prove the moment though.

Also I think the ending scene is a bit different. I remember in normal mode Link just returns the Master Sword and leaves the forest. In Hero Mode Link together with Zelda and the Seven Sages greet the player for pathetically dying 39 friggin' times in the easiest Zelda game that he has played.

PS. Irene is definitely waifu material. The first playthough she's a lovable tsundere, but this time I really appreciate how attached she got to Link, and by extension me, right? Right?

Yeah.
Compel your person to accept a joyous evening for whatever few hours left in this day 4th of November for tomorrow is the day that we should remember, remember.

Comments